On behalf of all of us at Westport Homes, thank you for purchasing a Westport Home! We take pride in our workmanship and although we strive to build a home with zero defects, we realize that problems can occur after closing. In an effort to correct any that may arise, we ask that you inform us in writing. Please submit a request at the bottom of the page with your questions or concerns and we will contact you within one business day.
Click here to immediately see the coverage remaining on your home.
We want to complete warranty service as quickly as possible and will respond to online service requests Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Someone must be at your home during normal business hours to meet with our contractors for repairs. We cannot enter a home without the homeowner or a representative present.
If you experience an emergency after hours, please contact the appropriate contractor directly. For Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, refer to the orange sticker under your kitchen sink. For Columbus, refer to the sticker on the homeowner maintenance manual CD.
Examples of a true emergency include:
– A total loss of heat in cold weather
– A water leak requiring shutoff at the meter
– A total stoppage of the sewer system within the first 30-days after closing
– Manufacturer’s warranties take precedence over your home warranty through Westport Homes. Make sure to register the warranties on your appliances, HVAC system and water heater as soon as possible!
– Westport Homes is not able to coordinate appliance warranty repairs. To schedule a repair, please contact the manufacturer.
– Clogged toilets and sewer system backups are covered under warranty only for the first 30 days after closing. Heavy toilet paper and wipes should not be flushed.
– To prevent leaks from frozen hose bibs, turn off the outdoor water supply in cold weather and disconnect all hoses. Leaks from frozen hose bibs are not covered under warranty.
– To prevent leaks from ice damming, make sure the valleys in your roof and gutters are clear of snow and ice. Leaks from ice dams are not covered under warranty.
– Change your furnace filters regularly to keep your system running smoothly and to improve the air quality in your home.
– Care and maintenance of your exterior concrete and landscaping is the responsibility of either the homeowner or the HOA, depending on where you live.
If you misplaced copies of warranty documentation or your electronic BAGI access information, please let us know so we can share it with you.